Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Water + Cars = Miserable

About 3 weeks ago, we got hit with major flash flooding. The parking lot where I work was completely flooded, and a lot of people's cars, including mine, were damaged.



See that car out in the middle by itself - that would be mine - after I tried to move it and it died because the exhaust was under water. It was a great day for me. I ended up having a car with water up to the seat cushions that wouldnt start for 2 days. Since then I've been dealing with the insurance company and the dealership. Its miserable.

The insurance company doesnt want to fix anything and claims it's fine but the car still smells awful and they replaced the carpets and bottoms of the seats but not the seat backs. They say the seat backs weren't wet - although they didnt inspect until 5 days after the flood so it was dry by then. Now the seat backs dont match the seat bottoms. I filed another complaint and the adjuster came to see it today. He claims he can't see the different colors and can't smell anything. Great... this is turning out wonderfully.

I'm pretty much fed up with this and just want to sell my car at this point - I'm looking at buying one of these...

The Mazda CX-7. Only I will get most likely get black - because like Henry Ford, I think the only color a car should be is black.

Hopefully the adjuster calls me back with some good news soon and I can be done with this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails